Regenerative for skin, liver and nerve cells (various forms of nerve damage), mucolytic, decongestant
Highly interesting research has confirmed the neuroprotective and memory enhancing, antioxidant and cytoprotective properties of Lavender-leaved Sage. The advantage of this oil is that it is less expensive than the outstanding "Sage Petites feuilles," and has comparable therapeutic benefits and similarly minimal ketone content.
Following is a listing of research results obtained by two representative studies for the memory enhancing and neuroprotective qualities:
1) Salvia lavandulifolia essential oil recovered cell viability and cell morphology H2O2 affected in PC12 cells.
2) S. lavandulifolia essential oil decreased MDA levels and intracellular ROS production.
3) S. lavandulifolia essential oil increased GSH/GSSG ratio and inhibited caspase-3 activity.
4) S. lavandulifolia essential oil increased antioxidant enzymes activity and expression through Nrf2 transcription factor.
5) S. lavandulifolia essential oil might be useful for preventing neurodegenerative diseases.
A scientific study states, “….exerted the major neuroprotective activity. Our findings demonstrate that S. lavandulifolia essential oils may have therapeutic value for the prevention and treatment of neurodegenerative diseases associated with oxidative stress-induced neuronal injury.”
Food and Chemical Toxicology Volume 80, June 2015, Pages 154-162
A further study observes, “The 50μL dose of Salvia essential oil significantly improved immediate word recall in both studies. These results represent the first systematic evidence that Salvia is capable of acute modulation of cognition in healthy young adults.”
Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior, Volume 75, Issue 3, June 2003, Pages 669-674. Salvia lavandulaefolia (Spanish Sage) enhances memory in healthy young volunteers.
Application: Topical, Inhalation
You may also enjoy
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.